Below is a list of publications related to the origin and
genesis of kaolin and/or zeolites. Most of the research has been
conducted in association with kaolin deposits in central
Georgia, USA and in western Turkey. The zeolite work is in
association with Turkey and the Georgia Coastal Plain Floridan
1. Ömer I. Ece, Bala Ekinci, Paul A. Schroeder, Douglas Crowe and Fahri Esenli. 2013 Origin of the Düvertepe kaolin-alunite deposits in Simav Graben, Turkey: timing and styles of hydrothermal mineralization. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, Vol. 255, 57-78.
2. Yahya Ozpinar, Baris Semiz, and Paul A. Schroeder. 2013 Zeolites in Mafic Pyroclastic Rocks from the Sandikli-Afyonkarahisar Region, Turkey. Clays and Clay Minerals, Vol. 61, No. 3, 177–192.
3. Ece, Ö.I., Schroeder, P.A., Smilley, M. and Wampler, M. 2008 Acid-sulfate alteration of volcanic rocks and genesis of halloysite and alunite deposits in the Biga Peninsula, NW Turkey. Clay Minerals v.43, 281-315
4. Ö. Isik Ece and Schroeder, Paul A. 2007 Hydrothermal Alteration of Oligocene volcanic rocks and genesis of hallyosite-alunite-kaolinite deposits in the Turplu area, Balikesir, Turkey. Clays and Clay Minerals, 55(1), 18-36.
5. R. Scott Harris, Michael F. Roden, Paul A. Schroeder, Steven M. Holland, Mack S. Duncan, and Edward F. Albin 2004 An Upper Eocene Impact Horizon in East-Central Georgia, Geology Vol. 32, No. 8, 717–720.
6. Schroeder, P. A., and R. Scott Harris, 2004 X-ray powder diffraction evidence for shocked quartz in an Upper Eocene sand deposit, Warren County, Georgia, U.S.A, Southeastern Geology v. 42(3) 145-150.
7. Schroeder, P. A., Robert J. Pruett and Nathan D. Melear 2004 Crystal-chemical changes in an oxidative weathering front in a middle Georgia kaolin deposit. Clays and Clay Minerals v. 52, 212-220.
8. Schroeder, P. A., Nathan D. Melear and Robert J. Pruett 2003 Quantitative analysis of anatase in Georgia kaolins using Raman spectroscopy Applied Clay Science, v. 23 (5-6) p. 299-308.
9. Ö. Isik Ece, Zenbe-E Nakagawa, and P.A. Schroeder, 2003 Alteration of volcanic rocks and Genesis of kaolin deposits in Sile region, northern Istanbul, Turkey, Part - I: Clay mineralogy, Clay Minerals, v. 51, No. 6, 675-688.
10. Schroeder, P. A., and Shiflet, J., 2000 Ti-bearing phases in an east Georgia kaolin deposit: Clays and Clay Minerals, v. 48(2) 151-158.
11. Schroeder, P.A., Pruett, R.J., and Hurst, V.J., 1998 Effects of secondary iron phases on kaolinite 27Al MAS NMR spectra: Clays and Clay Minerals, v. 46(4), 429-435.
12. Schroeder, P. A., Kim, J. G. and Melear, N. D. 1997 Mineralogical and textural criteria for recognizing remnant Cenozoic deposits on the Piedmont: Evidence from Sparta and Greene County, Georgia, U.S.A. Sedimentary Geology. v. 108, 195-206.
13. Schroeder, P.A. and Pruett, R. 1996 Iron ordering in kaolinites: Insights from 29Si and 27Al NMR spectroscopy. American Mineralogist, v. 81, 26-38.